May 19, 2008

Poisoned Oak sucks!

I can't believe it! I have not even wrote the post about the fall we've had in Yosemite. On a private ranch with a quad. Down a mountain. Stitches in the head. And many bruises. Enough to be miserable for a week.

And when I start feeling good again, it comes. First some small red itches. Like strange mosquito bites. On my legs. And then it looks I get a sun allergy. Tiny red spots itching all on my body.

Until that exploded last night.
Now I look like one big red spot.
And it itches, itches, itches...

We don't have poisoned oak in Flanders. So I had to look it up. California is full of it. Bushes with an ugly itchy oil. It goes through your clothes. Even worse, it stays on your clothes - even after washing! There's a special soap to use...

And that's probably what happened to me, says the doctor later.
It's somewhere still out there. On my clothes.

Tonight is wash night. And it'll be also a very itchy night.
Poisoned Oak sucks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it is just "poison oak" (without the -ed), and a friend of mine had it for about 2 months, it sucks so badly. unbelievable that there is hardly good treatment for it.
make sure you use the special soap so you don't infect yourself over and over again.