August 25, 2008

Coyotes on the way to Mount Tamalpais

When girls wonna keep up with boys... They were going to hike Mount Tamalpais and seen the top was looking to me from the tree house where we live, I decided to go along. 


Three and a half hours to the top. Hiking from the stairs at our house to the east peak of Mount Tamalpais. And after ten minutes I started thinking of turning around...

Goh, what are they fast. After 30 minutes I felt like a whining little girl. After an hour I thought it was better they would leave me behind. 

Not that Mount Tamalpais is such a difficult hike. Even though I will not promote it to my parents... But they were way to fast for this tiny girl. It was way too hot. And yes, it was even a bit too high. 

But anyway, I made it to the top. And back again. And it was all worth it when looking - for a short moment - in the eyes of a real coyote. 

Almost at my doorstep...

No comments: